System Requirements Linux
The Lucee Installer for Linux has been tested on many systems, and should function on most Linux systems, but for those who prefer to have a list, the following are what we build and test on.
IMPORTANT: Lucee itself is not limited in any way by the Operating System. Lucee can run anywhere that a JVM runs, which is, at this point, all modern systems. This list is purely talking about the Lucee installer for Linux.
Installer OS Support
The Lucee Installer has been tested on following Linux OS's and are known to work without any known issues:
- Ubuntu Linux 10.10 ("Maverick Meerkat") (32-bit/64-bit)
- Ubuntu Linux 10.04 LTS ("Lucid Lynx") (32-bit/64-bit)
- Ubuntu Linux 9.10 ("Karmic Koala") (32-bit/64-bit)
- Ubuntu Linux 9.04 ("Jaunty Jackalope") (32-bit/64-bit)
- Ubuntu Linux 8.04 LTS ("Hardy Heron") (32-bit/64-bit)
- RHEL 5/CentOS 5 (32-bit/64-bit)
- RHEL 4/CentOS 4 (32-bit/64-bit)
- Gentoo 10.0 (32-bit)
additional Linux OS's should work just fine provided that the Apache directories are specified correctly during the install process.
It's important to realize that the memory requirements stated here are for Lucee and Tomcat only. Your server will require additional memory to support the OS, as well as memory for your own applications.
- Minimum: 128 MB RAM
- Recommended: 256 MB RAM or greater.
- Just over 200MB Disk Space after install (300MB for installer plus install process)
- Apache 2.2
- Apache 2.0
- Apache 1.3 support has been discontinued.