Creating an extension for Lucee 3.1
For this exercise in building a Lucee Extension, we're going to be building one for MangoBlog. Mango Blog is a cool open source blog application written by Laura Arguello. This tutorial is a series of several entries since it covers a lot of ground.
To prepare for this exercise, you will need the following:
- Lucee 3.1 installed. You can use the express version if you wish.
- Mango Blog downloaded
- A CFC named ExtensionProvider.cfc
- A Database Server like MySQL or SQL Server
Go to the Lucee Extension Store
If you want to write an application extension for Lucee you need to do the following things:
- Create a local ExtensionProvider.cfc that lists the metadata of all available applications and offers the corresponding installation archive.
- Return a query in the ExtensionProvider.cfc:listApplications() method with your application and the necessary metadata (like blog location, forum location, support, image, video etc.)
- Create a zip file containing the complete application files in it.
- Create a config.xml file containing the forms that collect the data one needs to fill out upon installation.
- Create a cfc called install.cfc containing the three methods install, uninstall and update.
- Extend one of the available helper cfc's in order to have some additional methods for common procedures available like createMapping, createDatasource etc.
- Write your install procedure so that the application gets installed according to its requirements.